#Write 52: Week 5
Theme: A few of my favourite things
You may have guessed this from my previous post about my bunnies, but I am something of an animal lover. Surprised? No, I didn’t think so.
I adore getting up close and personal with animals of all kinds. Over the last few years, I have sourced some incredible opportunities and snapped them up quicker than a hungry lion chomping on a juicy steak.
- Breakfast with orang-utans and snakes (yes, a random combination) at Singapore Zoo
- Fed a snow leopard called Wolfgang at South Lakes Zoo. He was a beaut!
- Fed and handled (got crawled on) by meerkats at Hoo Farm
- Playing with a baby elephant at a sanctuary in Thailand
- Held a Koala at Brisbane zoo. In fact, 2 koala’s. They had to take the first away for being grumpy
- Bird of Prey experience in Yorkshire (plus many other opportunities for handling owls)
- Alpaca trekking with my very furry mates Garvy and Reddington
- Mooching about in a penguin enclosure
- And my favourite, diving with sharks and rays at the Blue Planet Aquarium
And this is just the recent ones or those that first come to mind.